Observe this dwell weblog for previews, breaking information, evaluation and common updates. Right here’s a sampling of what ChannelE2E is masking, what’s occurring, and extra.
Be aware: Preserve checking again for weblog updates. And for those who’re saying information at DattoCon22, please electronic mail me the small print: [email protected]. We’ll be increasing this weblog a number of instances daly between now and the shut of DattoCon 22.
DattoCon22: Kaseya and Datto Product Integrations, Govt Adjustments & Extra
Right here’s the most recent..
5. Kaseya-Datto Integration Plan – Any Updates?: When Kaseya closed the $6.2 billion Datto acquisition in June 2022, CEO Fred Voccola vowed to hit quite a few integration and pricing milestones. Amongst his statements:
- A minimum of 17 workflow integrations between Datto merchandise and the Kaseya platform had been deliberate inside the first month;
- 100% of economic integrations had been anticipated to be accomplished inside 120 days;
- the record pricing on all Datto expertise could be diminished by 10% (on common) or extra on new purchases; and
- some merchandise’ record costs will come down greater than that, whereas others may stay the identical.
Quick ahead to DattoCon, and we’ll be checking to see how these integration commitments are transferring alongside.
4. Kaseya and Datto product overlap – Which ought to MSPs select?: We’re listening intently to see if Kaseya could have sure really helpful use circumstances to assist MSPs resolve between the merchandise:
Aspect observe: Product overlap is more and more frequent within the MSP software program market, and has all the time been frequent within the broader enterprise software program market. Within the MSP sector, as an illustration, each ConnectWise and N-able every have overlapping RMM merchandise due to earlier M&A offers. And within the enterprise sector, Oracle has a number of database administration techniques. And Microsoft juggled each Home windows 95 and Home windows NT Workstation 4.0 through the basic PC period. Nonetheless, the Kaseya-Datto product overlap typically appears extra expansive.
3. Datto Govt Departures — Who Has Left: Some expertise modifications, worker churn and workers consolidation are inevitable in any main M&A deal. On this specific case, Datto CEO Tim Weller exited the enterprise the day Kaseya closed the deal. Different noteworthy Datto government departures embrace former Datto:
All of these executives had been listed on the Datto corporate website the day Kaseya introduced plans to acquired Datto. They’ve since exited the enterprise.
Ought to MSPs be involved about these specific departures? Not in all circumstances. And that’s not a knock on expertise that has departed. Reasonably, profitable M&A requires the well timed elimination of overlapping roles and tasks.
Among the many historical past classes MSPs ought to observe: The $13.5 billion Symantec-Vertias merger of 2005 failed as a result of overlapping roles remained in place for much too lengthy, a number of executives concerned within the deal have informed me on a number of events.
2. Datto Executives – Retaining Key Folks: So who from the Datto government group remains to be on-board? Datto Chief Revenue Officer Sanjay Singh and Chief Marketing Officer Brooke Cunningham are nonetheless listed on that Datto executive webpage, whereas the next Datto executives at the moment are featured as properly:
Maybe notably, neither Datto Senior VP Rob Rae nor Datto CISO Ryan Weeks are listed on that Datto government web page. Rob Rae is scheduled to host DattoCon22, although we don’t know if Kaseya has supplied him any kind of long-term retention package deal. In the meantime, Ryan Weeks is on sabbatical — although plans for that office break had been in place forward of the M&A deal.
The larger questions: What steps, if any, is Kaseya taking when it comes to Datto expertise retention for executives, engineers and assist professionals? And did Kaseya CEO Fred Voccola’s comments during an employee town hall this previous summer season set off any Datto worker churn? We’ll be poking round for solutions.
1. Reminder – Ship Your DattoCon22 Information: Obtained updates to share? E-mail me the small print: [email protected]. We’ll give the data a glance and doubtlessly embrace the information in an replace to this weblog.